- Large number of output formats: XHTML 1.0, XHTML 1.1, HTML 4.01,
XHTML 5, Web Help, JavaTM Help, HTML
Help, Eclipse Help, EPUB 2 (standard e-book
format), EPUB 3, PDF, PostScript®, RTF (can be opened in
Word 2000+), WordprocessingML (can be opened in Word
2003+), Office Open XML (.docx, can be opened in
Word 2007+), OpenOffice (.odt, can be opened in
- Excellent coverage of the DITA 1.2 standard.
- Can automatically generate: Table of Contents, Index, List of
Figures, List of Tables, List of Examples.
- Powerful, yet easy to use, command-line tool. (The ditac
command-line tool performs all the steps needed to create the
- Can convert maps, bookmaps but also a list of one or more topic
files (in such case, a map is generated on the fly).
- Multi-platform. Runs on any JavaTM 1.5+ platform.
- Designed to be easily embedded in any JavaTM, desktop or
server-side, application. That is, ditac is not only a command-line tool
intended to be used by authors, but also a software component intended
to be programmed by developers.
Limitations are documented in XMLmind DITA Converter Manual -
Limitations and implementation specificities. See also Roadmap.